This week at Craftwood the star of our Q&A is Diane, PA and Sales Administrator. She is a key point of contact for our clients throughout their bespoke seating projects and delivers a lasting impression!
1. How long have you been working at Craftwood?
Two and a half years
2. What is your day-to-day role at Craftwood?
As PA to Heather, Sales Director, my role is very varied. There are no two days that are the same. My daily tasks can involve arranging appointments, contacting clients & suppliers through to assisting with the marketing activity and managing website updates. In my role as Sales Administrator I am usually the first point of call for sales enquiries, progressing these through to our estimating team. As part of our customer care I follow up quotations with clients, put together the client Customer Handover Documents prior to installation and once completed, I contact our clients to ensure they are completely satisfied with our product and service and thank them for their valued business.
3. Please list any qualifications that you have:
I have GCEs & RSAs, but equally importantly I have life and work experience.
4. What do you like most about working at Craftwood?
I like being part of the Craftwood family. I love the day to day buzz of a busy sales office and being part of a team who all work together to deliver excellent customer service. I have confidence that the precision manufacture of our product, combined with our customer service is second to none. I am also always proud about the great comments received from our clients.
5. What do you enjoy doing when you’re not working at Craftwood?
I enjoy touring the UK in our motorhome, spending time with friends and family both home and abroad and when at home, walking and gardening.
6. Do you have a favourite project you have worked on or perhaps several that stand out?
I am always amazed by designers striving for originality. The Fable comes to mind – I really love the fact that the curved seating booth is set within a wall of books.
Also the residential projects always enthuse me as they bring such personal pleasure to our clients.
7. Have you dined at a restaurant where you saw the Craftwood seating you worked on first hand? How did you feel?
Jamie’s Italian, Reading – both before and after its recent refurbishment.
On both occasions I felt very proud to be part of a company who can produce exemplary seating each and every time.
8. Which projects are you working on currently?
Too numerous to mention but we just completed the Handover Document for Picturehouse Central. I can’t wait to see the photographs of the finished project – an amazing array of designs and fabrics.
9. Do you have a favourite Craftwood upholstery style?
Not really. There are so many possibilities – the surrounding environment plays a important role in pulling everything together.
10. Are there any designers that Craftwood work with that you particularly admire or take inspiration from for your work?
Yes, there are certainly some designers that stand out, usually for their challenging designs and their array of various fabrics.
See Craftwood’s seating types.
Previously, we featured our talented upholsterer, Adam.