This week at Craftwood we are focussing on Andy, our brilliant Upholstery Supervisor who ensures our work meets our high standards.
1. How long have you been working at Craftwood?
2. What is your day-to-day role at Craftwood?
I take care of the supervision of upholstery and its preparation, ensuring all the work is done correctly and up to standard. I also deal with the general managing of the team.
3. What do you like most about working at Craftwood?
We all work as a relaxed team in a brilliant atmosphere with the common passion for quality work.
4. What are your interests or hobbies when you’re not working at Craftwood?
I enjoy skateboarding and other adrenaline based sports.
5. Do you enjoy working on a certain type of project?
I always enjoy working on a project that is different to the rest of them. If we haven’t done a style before, it becomes my favourite. I really enjoy a good think, especially when the end result is as nice as first intended.
6. Which projects are you working on currently?
We are currently working at Mango Lily, Cardiff Bay. The project is a standard stitch fluting. I always think this looks best with contrast stitching.
7. Which projects are you looking forward to completing in the future?
I can’t wait to complete the Picture House Cinema because this is a big job and the end result will be stunning.
8. Do you have a favourite Craftwood seating style?
Stitched Through 1/2” Foam. There are so many different varieties of this style and all end up looking stunning.
See Craftwood’s seating types.
Previously, we featured our talented machinist, Julie.